Skip navigation

1841
locksmith Immanuel Wähmer establishes his workshop. Wähmer then embarks on the industrial production of knitting needles and crochet hooks. Over the years, the production programme is expanded with the manufacture of turned parts.

After 1945
customer requests lead to the development of our ring head cylindrical pins manufactured without cutting. Called RIKOPIN, this new development sets new global standards in the assembly of mass-produced products as a result of the parabolic transition from case to end face.

1959
a patent is registered for RIKOPIN – with the description “Pin for insertion into a hole, especially a cylindrical, tapered or grooved pin”. This invention has been at the heart of our company ever since and is being constantly improved.

1970
our company’s production area is made 2.5 times larger.

2002
the step towards introducing the DIN ISO 9001 quality management system is merely a formality for the company: the many years of fine-tuning the internal QM system with the Institute for Quality Assurance at Esslingen University of Applied Sciences pays off.

2004
the company passes into the ownership of Agnes Schröter and Rainer Gille, who still manage the business to this day as a family company.

2005
a new ERP system (ABAS) is introduced.

2006
the modernisation of the raw material warehouse is completed.

2008
a computer-controlled quality assurance system is introduced and certification to ISO/TS 16949 obtained.

2010
the electronic production control system is supported with the introduction of high-precision laser micrometers.

2011
a measuring room is fitted with state-of-the-art measuring equipment.

2014
Wähmer enters into partnership with the Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University.

2015
Wähmer becomes a certified IHK training organisation.